Install and Check node.js and npm in winodws
npm comes by default as you download the node.js. You don’t have to do the separate installation to do it, but you need a specific command to use it.
- Here are the steps that show you how to install and check node.js and npm in windows:
- Download the node.js installer through website: https://nodejs.org/
- This gives you node.js installer with the latest version.
- Run the installer and finish it with necessary steps.
- Restart the computer.
You have to restart the computer in order to use node.js and that’s it. These are the simple steps from which we can install node.js in windows.
Check if the node.js and npm is installed or not?
- To check node.js is installed or not?
- node -v
- To check npm is installed or not?
- npm -v
How to update node.js and npm
Node.js versions will come out differently. To update node.js you just have to go install the latest installer from the node.js official website and run it. It will automatically replace the older node.js and npm versions.
This will give you the version of node and npm install on your computer.
If you have any problem with installation please share it in comments below. Happy Coding. 🙂
Front-end Developer. Passionate about designing, digital marketing, writing, and tea. You can connect with me on social media by links given below.