What is Angular JS?
What is CLI?
A CLI (command line interface) is a user interface to a computer’s operating system in which user can type specific commands, received a response from the system, and then enters another command, and so on.
How to Install Angular 4 using Command Line Interface(CLI)
To install angular 4 using command line interface (CLI), you must have node.js installed on your machine. Here is the guide to install node.js in your machine.
- Install Angular CLI
First, check whether angular CLI is installed on your machine or not. To check that run following command.
- ng -v: This command will give you current angular CLI version
If you have not install Angular CLI then proceed to next step:
- npm install -g @angular/cli: -g option will install angular CLI globally on your machine. You just have to run this command for the first time. Don’t worry about the warning that displays on the command line.
- ng new my-new-app: This will create new project “my-new-app” under the specified directory. You can create a new project under specified directory by setting paths in the command line. This will take some time to download packages.
- cd my-new-app: This will set the current path to the “my-new-app” directory.
- ng -v: Now this command will give all entities associated with angular 4.
2. Go to URL (https://github.com/angular/angular/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md)
Go to Installing RC.1 section
Copy and paste command for windows in the command line. If you are using Linux then you have to type a command that is associated with the Linux.
Make sure that you are using typescript version 2.1.6 or higher. If not then you can type the following command to install typescript.
- npm install typescript @2.2.1 –save: This will install typescript version 2.2.1 on your machine.
Now run ng -v to check typescript version
Run the following command to run the application:
- Ng serve: This command will run your application in browser with URL localhost:4200
That’s it. Open your browser with URL localhost:4200 and your application is ready. If you any questions related to Installation in angular 4 then please let me know in the comment section. Happy coding 🙂
Front-end Developer. Passionate about designing, digital marketing, writing, and tea. You can connect with me on social media by links given below.